ATRAE is the joint venture of the most important receptive agencies of the entire Basque Country.
At the end of 2014 we created the association ATRAE with a total of 20 agencies throughout the Basque territory with some very clear ends:
- To contribute to defending and promoting the economic and social interests inherent in the activity of its Associates.
- To contribute to the promotion and development of the Basque Country as a tourist destination for Package Tours.
- To promote professionalisation and improvement of the Basque Tourism Sector and mainly that referring to Receptive Travel Agencies and existing tourist elements.
- To be a channel for the Basque Receptive Sector in all kinds of problems and/or needs to defend and help their resolution.
- To promote the representativeness, presence and improvement of the image of the Basque Receptive Sector for civil society, the media and Institutions.
- To act as formal and legal Representation of its Members and of the Basque Receptive Sector for any type of official or private Institution or Entities.
The added value of the DMCs of ATRAE
The DMCs of ATRAE association are specialized in Basque Country. They have a wide knowledge of the region and its tourist resources, so they are more realistic in terms of the distances between the different attractions, the time that should be spent on each of them and the most suitable itineraries to make the best of your visit to Basque Country.
They know well all the different Basque suppliers and they keep up to date with the new tourist offers and trends. Therefore, they can put the visitors in contact with qualified local guides and local professionals and offer experiences that are unknown for other tour operators.
Additionally, the DMCs are firmly rooted in a culture of client orientation and they offer a personalized service, providing tailor made tours according to the visitor’s preferences and needs, encouraging a culture of attention to detail.
Using an ATRAE DMC will help the visitors or operators simplify the organization of the trip to Basque Country, centralizing all the services in a unique supplier that will manage all the reservations quickly, avoiding the language or cultural barriers that may exist between the travellers and the destination. Besides, as they know the different basque suppliers they are prepared to face the possible unexpected situations efficiently and effectively.
At last but not least, the basque DMCs are in constant communication with their clients, who will give them the feedback of their experience, helping them to work towards the continuous improvement of their services.
All in all, the DMCs of ATRAE are a guarantee of quality, reliability and comfort when organizing a trip to Basque Country.